Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Difficult BCC


From A.R. Pito
Norfolk Island, S.P.

A friend from Australia sent me this photo with the following note.
"A.R.: I just saw this 56 yo man with a two year history of a large ulcero-nodular plaque on his left temple. Biopsy is pending but this appears to be a morpheaform BCC. Assuming this is BCC, what would your therapeutic suggestions be.
Radiotherapy?
Mohs?
In our area, we do not have a specialized cutaneous radiation centre, but he could be sent to Sydney, I suspect."

Thank you for your suggestions. You can post here or send to oslerian@gmail.com. I will append the pathology when my colleague forwards it.

1 comment:

  1. I do suggest radiotherapy for this BBC case
    khalifa sharquie

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments. We endeavor to serve your patients and you. If you want us to respond, please add your name and email address. Some people have trouble uploading comments. In that case, please send comments directly to djelpern@gmail.com. Thank you.